Every week, we will promote new and delicious recipes. Let us know on Twitter,
Facebook or via Email, how you liked them.
Recipe Episode One Season 3:
Indo – Chinese sweet and sour chicken
1 kg boneless and skinless chicken thighs (cut into just larger than normal bite sized pieces)
½ tsp amchoor powder
½ cup sugar
½ cup vinegar
3 tbsp red chilli hot sauce
4 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
¼ cup orange juice
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175c and line a baking tray with tinfoil
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with garlic salt, to taste, and the amchoor powder. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat about 4 cm of oil in a saucepan and set over a medium high heat.
- Roll the chicken in cornflour (coat them well). Fry them in batches (VERY IMPORTANT) in the oil for about 3 minutes or until lightly brown. Set aside
- Mix together the sugar, vinegar, chilli sauce, ketchup, soy sauce and orange juice with a dash of salt and pepper in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Stir the sauce until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the chicken (single layer) on the prepared baking tray and pour the sauce over.
- Bake for 1 hour until brown and crispy (Turn the chicken over a few times during cooking)
For more great recipes check out the amazing Gary Toombs